New Tools and Country Living With Chuck Andrus

Chuck is a mellow Hawaiian dude that enjoys his country lifestyle. He has a great shaping bay that he built on his property and some cool tools that we worked on together. Check out the video:

http://compositecorner.wordpress.com/2013/08/24/the-country-life-with-surfboard-shaper-chuck-andrus/

At 43 seconds, it looked like he had already run is planer down the stringer to true up the stringer rocker, and then started on the rails and flats.

I’ll never be good enough to use the rolling pin and not leave bumps and wiggles.

Cool video

I grew up with Chuck in the Kaneohe / Kahalu’u area. He is a super nice guy, good family man, big wave surfer and a great shaper. I have a few boards that he shaped for me and I glassed. His shaping room is super clean and big (20’x10’x10’). His shaping prices are very reasonable.

BTW, FGH: I love those new shaping pads and I got the 40, 60 and 80 grits to go with it. It’s great for shaping rails.

D

Uncled , do you know Nephi Kaonohi ?

Aloha ,
Cal

Yeah, he has one of the most luxurious rooms ever! He shared some cool stories about hanging with buddies, surfing and fishing in Kaneohe when he was a kid…sounded like a great way to grow up. Glad you enjoy the pads, there are more cool, affordable tools on the way!

Yes I know Nephi. We use to watch the Kaneohe Christmas parade together when our kids were little.

Cool , he’s my boss … we were talking surfboards the other day and he said he grew up with Chuck also .
Aloha ,
Cal