Brevard County Shapers in Florida?

7 posts |
Last post
rippinryan247's picture

Anyone on this website from brevard county, Florida? I only have two boards under my belt and would love to sit in on you shaping/glassing a board to learn more. Reply to this thread or shoot me a message if you are located around here!

MikeDaniel's picture

You shoulda been at the Ocean Reef Beach Festival on 12/7, we had Ricky Carroll's demo trailer at Pelican Beach Park. 

rippinryan247's picture

I wish man but I'm still up in Gainesville. Finals are this week so I've been studying my butt off. How was it? I saw something about it on 2ndlight

MikeDaniel's picture

Get back to studying and pick this back up when finals are done. If you're coming home over the holidays I might be able to meet with you.

ORB Fest went off, we had over 60 vendors and exhibits all celebrating the ocean lifestyle and the resources that make it possible.

rippinryan247's picture

I would definitely be interested in meeting up. I know there's a lot to learn and the best way to learn is by hands-on experience. I'll be back in Melbourne from December 13th-January 3rd so if you're available just message me, thanks for the offer! 

MikeDaniel's picture

I should be able to get with you next week. I cut out an old Clark blank to shape in Ricky's trailer and then didn't do it because the AC wasn't on (plus I was kinda busy with other things at the event). 

I think I can remember how to shape a PU blank, it's been about 6 years. But I did about 20,000 of them before I converted to EPS, so it should come back to me....

billiebarroo's picture

i am in west melbourne I have made 2 wood surfboards working on my 3rd now