Vacuum bag Divinycell repair without using a pump

​Here’s a cool way to save that totally delaminated board and to customize it. Wade vacuum bags the deck without using a vacuum pump which is pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c_FW_cfQfM

Hi Wade!

Now I want a video from Steve!

Us too! Steve only does live in store shows…nothing on camera…yet. 

You are one of my heros Wade. You have bailed me out of trouble a few times. Thanks for all your advice.

It’s sooo much easier here in Vta. to go to the shop. There was never parking in S.B.

Good to see Mr. Huerta not selling cars with D. Rolleg and back in the surf biz.

Where is Dan? Sport Port has been gone for a long time.

Not a vacuum pump but a pressure pump needed. Deceiving headline!!! Great work though!!!

Venturi principle.

Bill,

I have a red- x fin jig and it sucks the jig secure with the same veturi device off my pressure pump. I love it cuz single man use devices are great. My pressure pump runs about 5 minutes to do a thruster.

To think that d-cell repair was made without the use of a pump made me laugh out loud. I thought about all the want to be some day vac baggers reading this headline and thinking they had found nervanna. The venturi device is not cheap. you could make a vac pump easier for no money with the system he used in the video. Imagine doing a 2 hour pull on a board with your 20 amp pressure pump running the whole time. To do epoxy pulls with a venturi pump is crazy. Pumps over heating, huge electric bills would be the result. 

I would never use the bagging style in the video(waste of money on tape and bags, reusable tubes are more economical) and doing it with PE resin is not on my menu either. Having said alll that, the craftsman making the repair did a great job with his technique. I think hanging around that man I could learn a thing or twelve. 

Like I said…decieving headline. Without a pump my arse!!!

Hi bb30,

The venturi Wade was using only costs $90, the vacuum bag is reuseable and once you’ve got a tight vacuum on the bag then you can shut off your compressor while the resin cures (as long as you don’t have any leaks in the bag). So it really is an economical way to do this project. We used poly in this project just to stay consistent with the materials the board was originally made out of. Glad you checked it out and gave your feedback…we always love to hear what people think and what they’re working on or the different ways they approach their projects. It keeps if fun and interesting for all. Mahalo!