CONGRATULATIONS , Mick !

Mick Fanning , 2013 ASP World Champ !

great pipe , great showdowns , last minute wave suspense in two heats for Mick !

He’s a great surfer ,  down to earth ,  good bloke … who lets his surfing do the talking  [ the way it ‘should’ be …]

A worthy chapion , well done !!   Mick has three world titles under his belt now…  go,  Mick !

http://www.surfertoday.com/surfing/9707-mick-fanning-is-the-2013-asp-world-tour-champion

well done , Slater , too, in winning the 2013 Pipe Masters …I’d love to see the footage of him and John John Florence in the final ,  in what were , evidently , epic big Pipe conditions . Hats off to them all !!

cheers !

ben

I’m DEFINATELY looking forward to seeing ‘MISSING’’ ,  Taylor Steele’s latest …a movie of Mick , with Tom Curren and Tom’s son ,  Pat  […yes , his SON ! ]  also featuring in it .  From the snippets I have seen of it , from the 'web ’ so far , it looks GOOD !!

The webcast yesterday was certainly a lot of fun to watch. The first heat of the morning, CJ had Mick right where all of us Floridians wanted him to have him; and Fanning had taken 5 or 6 beatings that would have sent most people to the beach. To find that comeback wave in those difficult conditions showed the heart of a champion. After that, you sort of expected him to perform a similar feat in his quarters heat. The fade he pulled on that one was epic.

Kelly and Florence nearly got starved for waves but lit it up in last 10 minutes of final. The drop that KS made on that one bomb was beyond comprehension.

CJ made a terrible priority blunder that cost him the heat and Kelly the title.

kelly wins three in waves of consequence                    mick wins one in ankle-snapers

SYSTEM IS BROKEN  FIX IT

cheers huie

That is what I was thinkin mako…CJ took off on a wave when he had priority and only a few minutes left. I would like to hear his version…

I admire the courage and heart of Fanning. He sure took a beating out there!

rogelio(chillin in Baja Sur)

Yeah was glued to it the whole day!! Was an amazing event and stoked Kelly won it as he did, does seem a bit rough that he has won 3 events and Fanning with just one can win the year but it does make it closer if someone is really consistent and just misses the wins which Fanning did all year.  Wave of the day was Miguel Pupos! 

The drop that KS made on that one bomb was beyond comprehension."

yep I watched it in slow motion six times in a row just to check it was real !

even in slo-mo , the speed and the angle of the drop ?

WOW

I did not watch the whole contest. I did see the heat where John Jonh made the new champ look like a kook…Mich wipes out , John blasts into another massive tube…Kelly vs John was awesome!

I’m a kook… I don’t surf at that level…I would like to see 10 man heats…or 30 man heats…no one surfs Pipe with only 2 guys out…2 guys out is not “real surfing”…

.KookRay…

I am worried about anyone over the age of 13 who gives an ass rats about this.

Seriously.

Pithy.

short and sweet

OMG I totally changed my mind about this! LOL!

I was reading the latest issue of SURF BEAT magazine with my BFF Cindy when I found the article about Mick. OMG he is so hot! The picture of him with his shirt off on the page facing the crossword is TO DIE FOR. I sleep with it under my pillow now. When I get older I want to have his babies, but Cindy does too so we will have to fight over him - LOL! I only ride the same kind of board he rides, the ‘Da Fan’ model and of course I also get the very expensive Da Fan designer fins.

I found out in the interview that his turn offs include daft Sheila’s and pollution and his turn ons are nature and sick pits - its understandable that he should be so down to earth because he is a Sagittarius, which is good because we are totally compatible because I am a Capricorn. Actually most of my friends like Mick the best except Susie who likes some dirt head punk rock pro from Santa Crus but thats just because she is white trash.

Anyways, Mick is so totally the cutest surfer on the tour right now so he totally deserves to win, hehe… Mick, if you are reading this, when you come to Orange county find me! I am named Candy, and all the surfers know me - LOL - I will make sure your trip to seppo-land is the best you could ever imagine if you know what I mean :wink:

If a pro surfer was on the wave in your avatar, at least they’d do something with it. 

OB, that was f… n funny.  Beer, that was even funnier!  Glad yah all are having fun. Mike