RIP Bobo Ham Young

Try this again. For any of you that have visited or lived on the North Shore of Kauai we lost a very respected and very good surfer named Bobo Ham Young. He was known as a man full of Aloha and Kokua who also was the main man when it came to making luaus no matter how big or small. He was also on the firstcanoe paddling team that hanalei had and they won the state championships their first year and went on to be a coach til he died. He fell asleep at the wheel and ran off the road at Wainiha bay and was found the next morning which the truck cab crushed and under water. He was my best friend and will always be when it’s my time so we can surf perfect waves as we did years ago at Hanalei Bay. All I can say is untill we meet again Brother. Aloha,Kokua

my condolences.

herb

I’m sincerely sorry about the loss of your friend, kokua. Mike

Bobo was the North Shore of Kauai.  There is even a spot named after him; one time walking across the reef I was watching a perfect tube there, and Chris Marseilles popped out of it completely freaking me out.  Heavvy Hawaiian fighter and full of aloha, Bobo will be remembered in the hearts of many long after we are gone. Time keeps on moving, Kokua, and it doesn’t seem so long since his passing

Howzit Kokua old friend. I am sorry for your loss.

My condolences to his Family and Friends. 

Howzit Mike! I hope you are doing well. I never knew who Bobo was until I saw all the news when he passed away. I guess the appropriate way to describe him would be Mr. Hanalei, or the Mayor of Hanalei.

I like that name: “Mr. Hanalei.”

Sorry to hear about your friend Kokua.

Sounded like a good guy.

RIP

Here’s a few clips of Bobo from you tube.

http://www.surfersjournal.com/journal_entry/2013-memoriam