Where and what

I cannot get a straight answer on what and where to get the best 4 oz wide cloth to use …38-44 inch…in Florida or…inexpensive shipping from out of state. Now if there is a 5oz that would be great to.

Lots of places on the East Coast.  Google is your friend.  Try Thayercraft.  There are others back there but their names don’t come to mind at the moment.  The width you want is not normally used for surfboards,  so it’s not likely you’ll find it at a supplier that specializes in surfboard materials.  Lot’s of six ounce in 38 inch and wider at various suppliers East and West.  I’m in the Northwest and sell materials, but never carry anything wider than 30 inch in 4 ounce.  Lowel 

Surfsource.net is in Florida as is FiberglassFlorida.com,  fiberglasssupplydepot  and a host of other fiberglass suppliers.  I’ve had good luck with surfsource and don’t know about the rest.

So are you saying Surf Source sells 4 ounce in 38----44 inch widths???  Just wondering, because I have never seen them advertise such on their website.  ???

I have checked all those sources and the best place was Atlantic surf materials in south Florida . SS only carries a few types of wide cloth which is ok…6oz being one of them but I get a better lamination with doubling up 4 oz on the bottom and triple 4oz decks…both in weight, sanding, color (bright white not greenish or darker color) ., and the finish work. I was just hoping to see if some one had a great source for cloth somewhere they could share besides those most of us know about. 

Did you try Surf Source in Jax?

:slight_smile: being its wide cloth they only carry Volan or warp glass which actually turns green as well when wetted out…I frequent surf source a lot for other stuff but the cloth I get from Atlantic surf materials is best I have found thus far but…I know there is a 4oz out there some one knows about which is better.