My Surffboard Volume Calculator App for iphone

check this ios app out called My Surfboard if you want a volume calculator for rider and board volume in your pocket, yes it does board volume really accurate!

http://www.mysurfboardapp.com

Just downloaded it. Really Cool App for $3. I like how you can save your boards in “My Surfboards”

I found that the slider is a little difficult in the width and length sections, because of the high amount values and such a little slider tab. (maybe I got fat fingers?!?!)

Would it be easier if you make the application so it can rotate horizontal with the iphone in the next update?

Cool APP but I would like to remind anyone searching for that magical board that there are other factors to take into account in selecting the “perfect board”

1. waves you will be surfing: reef, beachbreak, point break, shorebreak, etc.(wind conditions and tide)
  2. Nose Shape for entry planing. (Round wide thumb vs Arrow Point) big factor in catching waves.
  3. Have Fun, what works for you may not work for others!

****Also Note Most surfboard shapers don’t put the volume on their boards. Making this application a must have for any salesperson that feels at a loss when a customer comes in demanding 45 liters etc etc. *****

This application will help me at work I know that for sure. 

Stoked you like it! Hey just a little fyi if you tap the number to the right of the slider you get a click wheel so you can select that way as well!

Wow, that makes it a lot easier to double tap button to scroll!!!

Is there a way you can increase the Max thickness up to 5" and width up to 24" (in the update)

to help accommodate for the rare people like my friend who weighs 280!?

Super stoked! 

we are working on adding shapes Groveler, Retro fish, Fun shape, Longboard when we do that we can add that scale there. We are also working on adding Models as well.

Wow! Only three dollars for a magic app! It can tell the volume of my rails and the dome of my deck!

Seriously guys, charging money for something that doesn’t work is STEALING

what is a life without conscience?

The dome of your deck and rails nose and tail will not make your board vary enough in liters that it will not float you. The app gives you a target float volume based on your experience. The board spec calculator is super close and was checked with shape 3d and AKU on various boards and is on for short boards within .25L,  Grovelers might be up to 1L off, We are working on adding shapes to make it so it will be accurate on all shapes within .25 L or closer. This isnt a replacement for shape 3d but If you hand shape or are walking into a shop or buying a used board and you want to know if it’s in your range this is preety darn as close as you will get. The app also shows you in good shape if your within 3L of your target by making the numbers green, if your over they are blue and under Red. Its a handy tool we have worked hard on for over 2 years and was developed so I didnt have to bust out a calculator and shape 3d to come up with board specs for my kid that competes nationally. SO NO WE ARE NOT STEALING!actually we are just sharing!

If you think the dome and rails don’t matter, then you know nothing about surfboards. If you charge for something that doesn’t work, you are stealing. Sharing is giving for free.