Need fins made.

I have some boards I have been working on that require custom fins made . Nothing fancy quad fin future box fins and single Bahne box fins. I would be ordering on a “regular” basis a few at a time. I need to have them in a “timely” maner. I pay no BS on my part. I would like to keep my fins made in USA. But I am having trouble getting fins, 2 months from order to delivery is not gonna cut it for my way of doing things. IS ANYBODY OUT THERE? I can not make em myself the way I am set up so save the make em yourself comments.  You can PM me.  Thanks ACE

I am assuming you have talked to Larry at Fiberglass Fin Co. Glen at Rainbow and Bahne???  Since True Ames are cut and foiled in China that wouldn’t work.  Island Fins in Hawaii might be another possibility.  Lowel

Ace,

There’s Fins Unlimited in Encinitas, but for small volume, they might not get yours to the top of the list in your time frame. They seem to put big orders first. 

Jack Jensen is a fin maker also in San Diego.

Thanks guys problem solved for the moment. Back when I worked for some of the “big guys” these guys would be knocking on my door. Now that I am just a lowley custom guy they really do not care about you. I know better than to get custom fins for my stuff BUT there are no off the shelf fins like I am using. Even though they are just older proven templates.

Hi Ace,

I feel for ya, mate.

Small custom fin orders is something I did for a while and will be returning to soon.

The issue is that I can’t make much on them when I consider how much time, materials,

and overhead involved. The big boys do volume and use sweat shop labor.

I don’t name anyone any more. I just do a few orders for specific boards as they come in.

Of late I’ve been recovering from Achilles tendon reconstructive surgery with walking

and standing for any length of time being the issue. I’ll be back in the loop pretty soon,

but I’m sure my prices will preclude making fins for you. Most surfers are used to

cookie-cutter fins are molded and mass produced. The perform poorly but few are

interested in comparing fin perform or feel any value in doing so.

Stay Stoked, Rich