surfboards from china

hello,

i would like to buy surfboards and sups from china.

somone can reccommend me about reliable supplier that i can get

quality boards from him?

thanks

Go on down to Costco ! 

Quality from China?

Good luck with that.

What is the country and location of destination??

The boards I have seen from china are machine cut, then a quick clean up (no extra hand shaping) quick glass and basic sand you can see loads of scratchs ans sanding marks in. Your getting what you pay for,

They will show you a high quality product and then when you get them delivered they wont be up to that standard.

but here you go http://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?fsb=y&IndexArea=product_en&CatId=&SearchText=surfboards

Clyde Beatty Jr. 

Instant karma’s gonna…

“Right upside your head”.

F*!king Crap!

“Surfboard Shaper” is used very loosely these days.

Caveat emptor (Buyer beware).

I’m pretty sure I saw this guy surfing the other day.

Me personally, I use my planer on a already finished board all the time.

So legit!

Are you surfboard designer & manufacturer?

Yes, we are a professional surfboard designer & manufacturer in Shenzhen China.

Are surfboard hand-made?

Yes, all surfboard are hand-made.We have CNC auto shaping machine.

Contrary to popular belief there are guys that surf and love hand shaping and glassing surfboards in China. Not ALL of the businesses over there are souless mega corporations or partnering with the Chinese government.  A lot of the workers that have flocked to these manufacturing jobs were working in the fields doing agriculture at a pittance of what they can earn in a factory. 

Ironically enough I have a very nice looking Clyde Beatty egg that a customer at Wave Front wanted but he doesn’t like the color on the deck, so I’ve been hired to dupe the board’s shape exactly less the color.  Ha, I guess tables can be turned once in a while?

Fact: There a good waves in China, and there are some guys (and women) that love to surf and are stoked to be making surfboards.

One planet spinning around with all of us on it.

There are many many bad surfboard suppliers in China, but there are also a few that have foreign shapers and QC inspectors that are from America, Oz, NZ, etc.

I’ve worked with the factory where Clyde Beatty Jr (he’s a pretty good friend) works and it is a world class factory! Furthermore they make so many surfboards for big brands that are never going to say that the boards are “Made in China”. 

I have placed orders for some very satisfied customers with these factories and have had my friends shape me some custom surfboards that I’ve travelled with extensively and I still  have them in perfect conditions!! 

These factories get so many orders from customers from all around the world that they are constantly getting feedback of what works and what doesn’t for different conditions, using different shapes, materials, etc! So they have a better “know how” than local shapers that are usually “dialed in” for a certain kind of surf break.

As usual you get what you pay for and a lot of businessmen just want to buy the cheapest goods in order to have a better profit, but lower prices mean low quality materials and less experienced workers.

BTW I’ve been surfing in China for almost a decade now and there are some really good point breaks and beach breaks! Unfortunately they have held a few WQS comps there and it’s getting more attention now!

The local surf communitty is also growing, somthing that didn’t exist until just a few years ago!

Soon enough your breaks will look like this…

They aren’t that bad yet but they will probably get pretty crowded in the upcoming years! The most know surf breaks have a few “locals” on them now and most of them don’t know (or don’t care) about surf etiquette so it’s becaiming a pain in the ass!!!

This thread reminds me of a time when Realm PU surfboards where sold at Costco-Oahu.  If I remember right, it may have been over 30 years ago…  They ended surfing okay.  But it continues to bother me that non-surfers regardless of the decal are built by non-surfers and/or people that don’t give a damn about the soul of surfing.  Boards are kinda soul-less to me.  

Big Mahalos to all the surfboards builders that took the time to listen and talk to people.

T

I love this picture… it shows how you can wear a plastic inner tube around your waist so people keep their distance.