I have been meaning to do some XPS testing for a while now. A cold autumn day seemed like a good time to do it.
BSD's thread about sealing XPS for PE motivated me to start the tests today. I only had time for the first half of the first test.
My objective has been to improve epoxy bonding with XPS. A thin, low viscosity coating is what I was thinking about.
Simple tools and common materials. Things you might find in the shed.
I cut a small XPS test panel 8" x 24" from a low density sheet of pink residential insulation (Owens-Corning); marked off four 8" x 6" quadrants and sanded with four different grits (150, 100, 60 & 40).
I added the first coat of Secret Sauce a couple hours ago. The sealer disappeared nicely into all the sanding grooves. I will add another coat of sauce later tonight. Looks good so far...
Epoxy test glassing will have to wait until next weekend.