2015 Shaping Industry Salary Guide

Hey Guys, my name is Matt and I manage the website SurfCareers.com. I would like to invite all shapers of all surf craft to participate in our 2015 Salary Survey for the shaping industry. We are hoping to use the data we gather to develop a comprehensive Salary Guide that will look at what current hiring and salary trends exist within the shaping industry around the globe.

You can read more about it here, it should only take between 5-10 minutes to complete - http://surfcareers.com/info/salary-guide-shapers

Any shapers who complete the survey can also go in the running to win a 12 month subscription to the AKU Shaper Up-and-Comer Surfboard Shaping Software.

Thanks for your time, and please share with your fellow shapers.

Not much interest I guess.

Ain’t no money in shapin’.

Gotta do it for the love.

You’ll never get rich…(monetarily).

Not to point out the obvious, but a stranger is asking you for your company, name, email, and how much you make. Why not just complete it and ask for social security number and mothers maiden name.

Oh, and Swaylocks password too

The survey is running until the end of January and we’ll have the results out in early Feb. So far we are getting a great response with some very interesting results! Ha, no social security number. Feel free to check us out, no personal information will be given out to anyone! If you’re concerned about your privacy you are welcome to enter SWAYLOCKS in the employer name field.

The survey is running until the end of January and we’ll have the results out in early Feb. So far we are getting a great response with some very interesting results! Ha, no social security number. Feel free to check us out, no personal information will be given out to anyone! If you’re concerned about your privacy you are welcome to enter SWAYLOCKS in the employer name field.

I can speak only for my own sorry ass.

I come from a time when shapers used hand tools, eyeballs and experience to craft the board inside the blank.

Never gave a shit about volume, or limits of software…

I Shape and explore for the trill and reward not the cash!

Get on the phone an contact the “Big Guys” Rusty, CI, and ah?

$9.00 per hour

well…$9.00 per hour minus taxes, SS, health insurance ,life insurance, cash for illegal immigrants and their families, Golf trips for Obama…ect… Life is good from the outside looking in… I do something else for a real living…most guys making boards do not make much money.

$1,000 for a full handshaped replica including blank & glass, however, depending on how long it takes that might net out at .79 cents an hour.

Shit happens… 

i

I’m also a shaper from the 70’s and recently picked up the planer again. I do it for the satisfaction of creating a board for east coast waves, not these soulless pop-outs that are under water when you paddle out. There’s no real money in shaping boards. You do it because you love it. Plain and simple.

Amen!