Resin tint techniques - horizontal blended lines

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone can shed some light on effective techniques for achieving these blended horizontal lines with resin tint like the ones shown in this picture? Would mixing a darker green and pouring across first then covering with the main green achieve this? Would you need to squeegee across the board to keep the lines relatively uniform? Using polyester with MEK. Also, thinking they’ve used a transparent resin tint? Probably wrong though. I’ve only used pigments before but want to have a crack at some tints on the lam. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers…

poor saturation an uneven squeegee technique. is what it looks like. If thats intentional, its extremely close to what a fuck up looks like as well

Yeah but i think it looks kind of cool. Might just be that they squeegeed across and left lawn mowing lines with extra saturation. uniform green would’ve looked too flat I think. Any ideas on what would bring some nice dimension to a lighter green deck?

A lot of that is probably reflection but like Aqua said it looks like a bad saturation.

got any other photos of the board

… would you consider doing a tint base , with pigment stripes ?

Not going against what Acqua said, definitley bad techique can do it, but you can also get that ghost tiger striping from using two layers of the same weave of cloth. You don’t see it when the lam is clear but on tints it shows up. Looks like a mandala surfboard, moonlight usually does the glassing so while it might be bad technique I’m guessing it’s not. I’m pretty sure what your seeing is a side effect of the process or materials, not purposeful.