EPS blanks in Perth (or anywhere in Aus)

Hi all. I’m trying to find EPS blanks in Perth, Western Australia.

Colin Earle surf supplies are the only blank distributors I know in Perth, but they’ve had their last strike with me. Every time I go there I have to remind them what EPS is, and I have to call up when every shipment lands to see if they got any EPS in, then find out whether or not they’ve pre sold them anyway. I’m through.

I appreciate that EPS is more of an annoying little oddity for most of the surf industry, but it’s surprisingly hard to get hold of in Australia (in blanks, anyway. blocks are a bit easier, but I’m getting tired of tipping most of it on the floor). As most of my work is in hollow wood boards anyway, I only need the occassional blank. If no one knows a more reliable distributor in Perth, is anyone interested in sharping shipping on a few blanks and other bits from out east?

All the best,

Mat

Surely I’m not correct, and it’s very difficult to get EPS in Western Australia?

Bennett surfboards/dion chemicals have US moulded EPS blanks as well as block cut.  There’s also some bigger celled moulded blanks from cobra that are going cheap. You’d have to organise your own frieght though.

colin has shaped some and didn’t like the extra work .

I’d be interested to know how many other shapers there use the stuff.

maybe get in touch with greg macaulay [dave’s brother] … I remember photographing a couple  he had shaped , and was surfing …

Cheers for the leads lads, I’ll look into them.

Good question, Fins. I don’t know of any commercial shapers using EPS/epoxy in Perth except for Matt at Katana, and he’s the surliest shaper I’ve met. No help from that quarter, unfortunately. As for backyarders, I don’t know many, and I’ve yet to meet another epoxiest.