glassing over fin plugs

hi guys,

i have removed the glass from an old board in order to re-shape the nose and re-glass it in epoxy resin , what should i do about the fin plugs, how should i go baout laminating over them?

the fin plugs are fcs x-2 and are in a 5-fin setup currently

cheers

just put masking tape over them before lamanting, and cut and pull the masking tape piece after hotcoat before sanding.

Fill them with spackle, atleast thats what I do, never had a problem, just let it dry a bit and sand the plugs lightly to remove the spackle from the top of the plug

I glassed over X2 plugs that I first filled with mold wax.

It works, but the glass will delaminate from the plugs, it’s best that you cut the whole plug free from glass after glassing. But you’ll notice this when you open the plugs.

Long story short: It works.

I sometimes fill leash plugs and fin plug set screw holes and such with clay.  I mound it up a little bit.  Tape would be the preferred method if possible but clay works too.  If you use tape make sure its compatible with resin.

Usually things work out fine with 3M 233+ tape. If I am feeling nervous then it’s adding flour in the slots and wax in the grub screw holes before the tape.