SBC Cheapest Longboard possible

Cheapest new material Longboard category:

So far:

Glue $3.20, Balsa wood “free” from packing creates $0.00,  EPS 2 lb blank…dirty old 10’2" in 2 chunks from craigslist price $10.00.  Fiberglass to cover fin…leftover cut offs…lets say $2.00.  Resin to lam up approx 1/2 pint…traded Keith some 3M tape and stuff, my cost $0.00

So far for all thats pictures…$15.20

Shape TBD, but board has custom 1 1/2 balsa stringer…and strange balsa optical enhanced cut away diaphram

Nice! I like the barter system. 

Longboard=wrongboard with summer coming.  You just need a nice clean little fish…Bitchen fin, tho! Mike

Res,

I love what you did with that fin. 

Me three.

Is there a bigger/close up shot available for a better look at it?

Funny…thanks for the fin shout out…It didn’t start that way, it started out perfectly normal.  But, But, But my dog got a hold of it…and started chewing it on the lawn.   So with no lamination save in sight, I did the manly thing!  I took the hole saw to it.  Below is the K9 damage.  Im too anal to just let it be…so I chopped out the damage and came up with the design.

I’ll post close up shots once installed and glossed up… I mean how close up do you want?

I dig the fin too.

I often think back on mistakes and disasters that in the end, turn the project into something i never would have thought of on my own. I never get too stuck in my own vision, usually males for a bad day haha

very very resourceful.  loving this.  BTW, how do I find free balsa for my stringers? where to look?

all the best

Balsa packing strips?..I have a big pile of the stuff.  Resinbutt (oops I mean Resinhead) got it from me.  I got it from General Veneer in Los Angeles way back when…

I have some fiberglass and epoxy resin you can have for the Low Budget project. Some extra tail blocks too…

Ray

Epoxy yes…What do you need from 3M…Full face mask, tape, scrubby pads, smokes, pancakes?

I like pancakes with butter and maple syrup…233 tape is nice.

I have epoxy for your project…getting ready to make a new order…soon…

Ray

Cheapest Long board Update:  Bing Pintail Light Weight clone:

Picked board to copy, outlined, cut out, trued up…now to shape

This is the best part of Swaylocks to me .

You guys are great . :slight_smile:

Shameless…

More shamelessness…stealing rail contours…but then… if I own the board, it’s ok?  I keep telling myself that…“hey resinhead, it’s ok to steal from other peoples hard work?”  But then you’ll see they are true 50/50, maybe slightly pinched a tad.  So I pinched the pinched.

This is awesome mate, can’t wait to see the finished product.

Got the 3 1/2 slab down to a workable 3 1/16…kept the 1/16 for sanding errors etc.  Got the rails as close as I can to the original.

Blank is ready for spackalackaling

Nice Resinhead!

Plenty hidden tips in the pictures. 

In the spackle shop…got spackle for $4.99 on deal at Sherwin Williams.  and distilled water for .99 cents…So I’m up to $21.18 for the board so far.