Emerald Tint v Pigment Glass Question

I really dig the color on this DK board. Is it done with a tint or pigment? Any recommendations on the best colors to blend would be appreciated. Only glassed six boards so far and have gotten all pigement from Shaper Supply. Thanks homies. 

That’s a tint. 

I know they make a tint that is very close to that straight out of the container. 

If you can’t find it. Try a green tint with a little blue and a tab of white pigment. 

Make up a few small batches in some Dixie cups and test it out on some scrap.

It’s gonna look darker in the cup so you will need to test it.

Once you get the color that you like, mix a big batch that will let you glass both sides. Pour out half for the bottom into another bucket and stash the rest to do the bottom with.

Glass both sides the same day.

Thanks brother. That helps a lot. 

I would add that color will change/darken with multi layers of cloth/overlaps

Ah yes lime green tints… make sure you finish sand blank SUPER GOOD every scratch pit planer scrap will show…Not good

Go to Home Depot in the paint department and look for the display called Tints All, I used Aqua blue green Tints All for this board, they have many colors to choose from and works great on poly and epoxy, look at my blog and you’ll see many of the tints on my boards. www.mahadysurfboards.blogspot.com instagram Mahady Surfboards

That goldenrod butterscotch on your site is radical. Is that a tint you found at Home Depot?

Yes it’s Gold Tints All