Router??

Ok, so as you have noticed already I am new to this and am asking a lot of questions. I appologize for that. I was wondering what router you all may be using for fin boxes and anything else it might be used for that I don’t know about. I saw in a forum that a guy was doing the initial rough cut from the new blank with a router and a styrofoam bit. Seemed like a good idea and probably much easier and more efficient. 

I am wondering which would be best to buy? I would likely be using it for woodwork also but it seems the newer compact routers can tackle most situations and are certainly ideal for the surfboard applications. There are a couple kits that I saw and wanted to know what you all are using(if you’re using them). The kits I am intersted in are the Bosch “Colt” kit and the Makita RT0701 kit(which has a ton of extras). Both are compact and I am sure a lot of you use the Makita as it comes with some Future fin box sets. I will be making a good deal of single fins if that makes any difference. Thanks

Don’t get the Bosch. Get the makita 0701c because it’s the only router that works with the futures one pass kit.  Someday u’ll want to install futures 

Been very happy with one of these.