Z-Seal

Well I think this is the name they settled on for the final product based on a recent email from Chris at Graphite Master.  It is a “spackle type” product made exspressly for sealing EPS blanks.  It is water based.  Contains microspheres and some other secret ingredients.  I haven’t used it yet but have high hopes that this product will do the job.  The lasttime I used Fast and Final I was pretty disappointed.  They have made changes to it that I found hard to work with.  They obviously have added Acrylic which makes it more difficult to screen.  It tends to ball up instead of powder.  I’ll be picking up a gallon next week. So stay tuned.  If you have used the Z-Seal.  Give me a reveiw.  Lowel

Have you used the Sherwin-Williams spackle?

so has anyone worked out where to get this?

Anyone seen it in australia yet?

Looking foreward to hearing your review of  Z seal.

I’ve had trouble sanding all things “micro ballon” in the past. When Dap Fast and Final changed their formula most of the Crew jumpped over to Sherwin Willams…Shrink-Free Spackling.

white container with a Green and Black label…super easy to screen/sand…

Ray

There are many kind of microballon with really different sandability properties. The “grayish” no brand one is far difficult to sand than k20 pure wight 3m for exemple.

I got taught to mix the ballons on a board after getting it out of the cup, so the mix is quite solid. Makes it easy to sand because of the low resin content.

There’s a school of thought that working microballons too hards pops them and makes the mix heavier. Any input?

Used Zinsser/q-cell instead of epoxy/balloons on my latest. Didn’t hide the blank’s blemishes. Maybe runnier coat would have. Came out silky afer sanding, but still lots of voids. Glassed up OK. Didn’t seem to be soaking up resin and seems to have bonded fine.

Interested in the opening post and feedback on Z-seal.

The name would have flowed so much better if it was “EZ Seal;” missed a big one there; I reckon someone was azzleep on that one.