ding ding ding

Had this out the other day, first time with my new widowmaker sidebites, and got crunched on my last wave. Ended up with a pretty good ding in the nose. I’m pretty sure this is not the best way, but I used what I had handy for a quick fix. I had some blue Dow foam my friend gave me that was left over after he made a board out of it. I used it because it was handy, and it was blue. Freehand routered the mortise with a little trim router. Glued in with epoxy and Q-cell. Sanded and glassed, ready to go get some more dings!

I hear guys say handmade boards have soul, but mine has heart too!

router-mortise sets in

Glue it in and set some bricks on it.

Far from perfect, but adequate for a workhorse.

Not only creative, but worthy of praise.        A patch, hiding in plain sight.

Very cool. Patent pending???

Nice Matt who stick too 

nice!

Great job Huck!
This is giving me inspiration to finally fix my board

…hello Huck; very creative indeed; I never thought about that; however, you do not need to cut that big hole to fix that ding. I do not have any pictures but normally you just sand aiding with a stick or screwdriver so you have all matte there, then put scrap of foam inside with resin+aerosil and pigment; then after sanding proceed as usual.

A dutchman on a surfboard.  Very creative!!!  Something I’ve never seen or thought of on a surfboard.  Bravo!  With a couple templates and one of these the sky is the limit:  http://www.performancetoolcenter.com/bosch-ra1127-router-inlay-kit/?gclid=Cj0KEQiAvJS3BRDd44fjndyii6MBEiQAN4EkPaFijv9GgNuYlKdxgPdKBNS4dD3YxZbKbwSvKLFui7waAgJb8P8HAQ

From broke to bitchen.

Bravo Zulu Huck.

Creative and funny. Bravo. Don’t forget to wear your gloves, son, gloves. Mike