Big Sur 2016 - Oct 15-16

OK, its six months out and camping reservations are opening up.  Get a spot, be there, aloha.  Plaskett Creek awaits… 

Site #20 Showing up Wednesday!

Woot…!!  

Site #24  Wednesday

#26 Th-Sun

I just reserved my spot for Fri-Sun

There are only two more spots open now.

We just missed it. Does anyone have a spare spot for the Pato and Lillibel families. We would split up but we’d love to be there. And of course share the cost and bring extra food. Pato’s arriving Friday night, then stay until Monday. I’ll check with Jeff to see what their schedule is.

Thanks to all!!!

Me too. Anyone have room for me.  Share cost. Beer. Food.  Firewood.  Tell me what we need and I’ll bring it.  Will spoon with resinhead. Wife claims I snore, but I don’t believe her…  Mike

Thanks to Ian & Chris we now have a spot for the Pato & Lillibel clans. We can’t wait to see everyone this year and will be bringing some good grub to share. 

We will find you a spot Rooster!

Any chance someone has a spot i can crash at?

I might be on photography duty.  The surf was really good for the first time in months this past week and I oversurfed my shoulder.  Really painful right now…

I hope no is bailing due to some rain in the forecast. Bring a ez up and a tarp.  The tribe must gather together.

Definitely planning a day trip on Saturday from Grover Beach. Have (9) 13 1/2" x 13 1/2" x 1/2" layup panels for fins to give away if anyone is interested. Unique panels. Came from a large wall panel in a CSI lab from the City of Torrance. I’ll bring 'em with. Also, if anyone, and I mean just one 'cause I have a small pickup, betwen Grover and plaskett wants a ride, just PM me.

EDIT: Sorry. Been watching the weather and the rain chances just got too high for a day trip. Stay “high” and dry.

I’ll be with llilibel and the cameras on Saturday. Rain and 17 to 23 foot surf forecast.

Sore shoulder?  Welcome to middle age. I’ll be watching if its that big.  Let me see… my back will be too sore.  Mike

I will be there too.   I missed last year but I wont miss this year, whether hell or high water.   I am bringing a quiver of rain ponchos and am ready to learn and play.   I will be pulling into fun land around dinner on friday evening.  I will be looking for leftovers and food scraps as usual.  I cant wait to see everyone again.  

PS.   If somebody is feeling discouraged by the weather or surfcast please tell me and my cadre so we can park and camp at your spot!  My cell is 831 5152752

Swaylocks 2016 in hours and this thread is so quite.   Put down the epoxy and get ready to live.   Swaylocks Big Sur has been the highpoint of my year for over a decade.   Lets keep the faith.   And remember, " Ambrose would go!"

I’m planning on arriving Friday afternoon.  I’ll bring my pointy nosed 8’4" thingy.  It probably won’t be enough, though.  I’m hoping the surf is going to be smaller than the forecast.  The winds are supposed to be good all day Fri-Sun.

You guys really missed it, you should have been here yesterday. 

Just got back from Big Sur, yes it rained, yes the surf was huge and yes we still had a great time.  More stories to tell later but we all had a geat time and there was not as much rain as we expected.   Willow Creek was frightening but lots of great drops and rides occured.  And for the more mentally stable Molera gave us some fun playfull waves saturday afternoon till dark.  Untill next year thanks for the fun.  Darren