Damaged firewire timbertek

Hi everyone

So i have a new firewire timbertek surfboard and during a surf the other day i slipped and fell with my knee on the deck. Now i have a pretty big ding and would like advice on how to fix it. It has broken the wooden deck and at the deepest point its 4mm the length of the crack is 9cm and 5cm wide. I was thinking i could fill with epoxy resin then after sanding i could glass over a couple of times then sand back and hot coat. what would be the best.?

Caution, I am a newb and I haven’t repaired a TT board yet, but here’s what I’d do.

Cut away the wood, that is not connected to the foam anymore.
Make sure it is completely dry.
Sand around the hole.
Fill with epoxy/q-cell.
Sand.
Glass over with at least 2 layers of glass, one patch bigger than the other one.
Fill coat.
Sand.
Surf.

If you mind that white spot, you could color your epoxy/q-cell mixture.

If you haven’t done this yet, I would suggest going to the board lady website (I’m assuming it’s still active). She has a lot of tutorials and info that would be very relevant to your ding.

+1 Eva the Board Lady
http://boardlady.com/repairmenu.htm

a buckle not a ding…but you get the fire drill.

…sand the area with coarser grit to get rid of all the stuff that not work anymore then sand more around.
Cut the timber to have a certain shape then glue another piece of timber (this is the complicated part because is very difficult to obtain the same type of wood or grain. Glue with epoxy resin fiberglass then the timber; put a weight on top; wait, then sand the edges; laminate fiberglass on top as usual; hot coat; sand, finish coat. Buffing.