Wardy Longboards?

found this board. i have a sneaking suspicion it’s this same guy who has bought out defunct brands and has them produced in China.

thoughts?

Please post up some photo’s of the side fin boxes. It may help date the board.

Nice shape…
Red X side bites?

Wardy has been out of business since 1979. Given the fact that this board has more than one finbox, I’d say you are correct. It’s a fake. Not sure if Sena is involved, but it fits his MO. Whoever the culprit is, they need to be publicly shamed and ridiculed… What does it say on the lam, besides Wardy?

oh, yea, bummer. it HAS to be a fake. this seller (private) is based on Long Island - where there is an infamous shop known for doing this type of crap.

proof: https://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/spo/6054959240.html

that’s the shop (Atlantic Beach Surf Shop) that specializes in fakes, esp. Canyon:
https://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/spo/6054919840.html

100% fake. There is one of those (same exact board) in my local surf shop and it says Made In China on a sticker on the board.

I flagged the craigslist ads as fraudulent.

Eh.
I will say this.
A logo rip?
You are going to Hell…
But China?
Give me a f*ckng break.
Who hasn’t thought about trying to “cash in”?
Hey, the truth is, I have and backed out, without turning my back…
IF, you do want to cash in China…
QUALITY, as in baby sitting the MF’s.
You or someone you trust, MUST be there.
Next…
Containers full…
So, quality, cash and soul, are the players.
Nice looking, someone is paying up, but why Wardy?
I guess Ole would have kicked some ass!!!

Check it out before you blow off and start making accusations. I’m not saying it is not a Rip-off; but at least I’m not making wild friggin’ accusations like the experts around Sways. Rumors and dislike about Swaylocks and it’s crew of devotees abound in the real world. Don’t perpetuate the already bad rep. Lots of guys who were from the old days didn’t just blow off the label/logo to be ripped off by others. Many maintained their trademarks over the years and have licensed their name and designs to other more relevant shapers. Names that immediately come to mind are most notably Bing and Matt Calvani, Habour, Rick and Gordon and Smith. Don’t jump to conclusions and perpetuate the myth that we’re all a bunch of know it all assholes over here at Sways. Lowel

Atlantic Beach SS and Rockaway SS are both owned by Sena. He is a thief, IMO.
Here are boards shown on the Rockaway shop’s website. They all share certain properties.
Cheaply made in China, side-by-side in the same factory. Plus they all sport defunct labels that Sena has usurped.
As far as the Wardy shown in the beginning of this thread? A look at the craigslist ad is all you need to realize these are cheap fakes. No one makes a quality longboard that retails in the $700 range. Just go to any reputable shaper’s site and look at the price on a legit board.

I’m not saying that the person using the logo is doing it illegally. I don’t know that history. Just saying that the board was made in China.

I’m going to get in trouble for this, but I bought a yellow Challenger Eastern longboard (fake label) exactly like the two behind Sammy’s top pictures. I was younger (making my boards now) and didn’t know it was a fake logo when I got it. There is a small label near the tail that says it was ‘hand made’ in china with australian foam iirc, the same black label near the tail of all the boards in those pics. And I hate to say it but the board rode well. I beat it up bad and it just kept on ticking. Now that I know better I won’t get another one (it got stolen) but the craftsmanship wasn’t terrible.

About 15 yrs ago, I saw some shortboards @ Costco. I looked them over, expecting to see total crap. I was VERY surprised to see that the shapes were true, outlines were good, and the RETAIL price was less than the cost of materials to make a similar board, in San Diego. There went the entry level market! Mom won’t buy a $600 custom, when she can buy the $235 dollar board, that appears to be the same as the more expensive one.

It has always amazed me that surfboards cost what they do seeing as they are hand built. We’re involved in a starving artist mentality. Mass production equals cost savings for the masses. There are people that are happy with a Hundae and there are people that will only drive a Porsche. Like Bill said the mass produced board isn’t all that bad. It’s all about the ride. How many of us could tell the difference in the ride? A few of us for sure, most of us probably not.

I recently (2 years ago) bought a new wardy board from the Atlantic Beach Surf Shop. I purchased this board for a great price. The performance of this surf board was spectacular. It performed better than any board I’ve ever purchased. My family and I have loved this brand for many years and continue to love this brand. These boards have a gloss and polish finish that make them better than all. The finish makes the board outlast them all.

I own a wardy board. The quality, words can describe. The price, words can’t describe. One last word, best surf board money can buy, and I’ve been surfing for 50 years. 

Hey, for everybody’s information, I have purchased a canyon, a surfboard Australia, and a challenger for myself and my sons’ thorough the years. I have to say, they hold up fantastically. The performance is unbelievable. The best price around. Don’t listen to foolish people and their rumors. Listen to a experience consumer. 

Every surf shop operator depends on loyal retail customers like you, so that’s nice.   But this forum isn’t about retail boards and imported boards purchased by the container load.  We mostly do “built, not bought” with a salute to the builders who have gone before us and upon whose shoulders we now stand.   

Amen!!

It’s not even about the quality or the shapes. Hell, they are all machine shaped so you would expect some accuracy.

The problem is that Sena is using brand names that don’t exist anymore and committing trademark infringement. Plus, he is passing off these Chinese fakes under names that earned a reputation undeserving of mass produced, high volume Asian products.

Anyone who buys these boards is helping to support a thief.