blendingcurves altA design (2019 update 2 years later)

I just picked up a US Blanks 65A 1.5 EPS blank from the Pearson Arrow shop. I like going there to look at all of the blanks lined up together to get inspiration. Once I got the blank I went over to http://blendingcurves.com and found an outline that I liked. I chose the altA outline. Shown below is my progress so far. I’ll update it as I make progress on it.

IMG_2190

IMG_2193

Now we’re talking. I’ll be watching this thread!!!

SICK!!!

Outline looks good.

what size did you end up going?

I’ve had this Marko 6-6 Halibut for a while. I was saving it for a board for my brother.
Drew several outlines on it, but I haven’t decided what I’ll do yet. I had several wide round nose outlines, so I sprayed a narrow nose to see it through all the other shapes.

Scott - like the outline. Should go good.

Shark - the sprayed outline looks good too. I have a 6’4 with a sting and a rounded pin like you have and I love it. 3-1/8 thick. Wave machine.

This board started with a modified version of Blending Curves Alt D. I really like that outline. When I got done shaping, I decided I had enough of those, so I changed it to a wing round pin. Just rounded the tail off behind the front fins then adjusted the sides to thin out the wings.
Blending curves does what I used to do, but I made mine for an 11 x 17 printer. Now I’ll just use what they have for new shapes. That other board I showed uses 4 different template curves. I’ll probably make it for my brother who is about 20 or 30 pounds heavier than me.

I can’t believe I started this post in Nov. 2017.  It’s Aug. 2019 now and I’m finally getting around to finishing this board.  I can’t even remember the last time I posted anything on Swaylock’s.  Anyhow… It’s been too long!

Here are the latest imagages.

Too long, indeed.       Welcome back.

Thanks Bill!

I laminated the deck yesterday.  Yes, I’ll be doing pin lines to hide my rough cut.  Overall, I’m pretty happy with how it turned out.  I did the bottom color lam with my 10 year old son.  He had a great time mixing the resin and the colors.  I was trying to wet out the laps and knew I needed a little more resin.  I told him to give me a mixture of 100 grams of resin and 45 of hardener while I continued the spreader work. He got it done and we finished without any dry weeve showing.  It was great being able to share the fun with him.

Next stip will be to sand the fin boxes, and install the leash cup.

Great work. 

Good that he can be trusted with the resin ratio. Gosh knows I always end up needing to recalculate as I pour. hahaha

Awesome to see a good build thread.

Looks beautiful

The board is complete.  Here are the final images.  Note that the bottom has a single concave in the front, and is flat in the back.