a better 2 piece bisect surfboard!

*edited cause i dont want it to look like “spam”
these guys came up with a much better 2 piece bisect surfboard. mine rides very well!

To start with, the Pope Bisect was far from being the first two-piece board. Hobie made one in 1966, called the “Multi Board”.
Second, your entire post reads like ad copy. This being your very first post after joining today, I suspect you are connected to this company.
All considered, it’s borderline spam.

Interesting that you popped for a $1500 dollar board, with a ‘‘suspect’’ design feature, without even trying a demo board. I had the same reaction that Sammy did, to the narrative of your post.

HA sorry its not im just super stoked on it, let me edit my earlier post so its not “spam” anyways anyone else ever ride something similar?

very interesting! never knew that! i also hear that gordon smith made one as well but it was a prototype?

I actually liked seeing the company’s website. I was thinking that a multi segment board would be a great thing for traveling surfers. I’m thinking that a tail section that could be used with a short and longer nose section would allow for multiple options. Design a board that can fit the airline regulations for length of a suitcase, then make the sections that size. I think a good tail design could be used for both a not too short board and a mid length board. Or, a mid length and a long board combo.

I do not favour bisects, they are still too big to fit in flight baggage; I like my trisects…
Hot Curl Trisect…:
https://www.woodboardforum.com/forum/design/workshop-tool-ideas/1734-my-challenge-6-10-hotcurl-balsa-collapsible
Performs well, ridden in Afrika and Portugal, construction works, some improvements will go into my new project…

Short Board Trisect:
Present for my son, unfortunately not ridden yet, please notice the exchangeable tials, I thruster to 5 fin setup, 2nd single fin…
https://www.woodboardforum.com/forum/design/workshop-tool-ideas/3156-shortboard-5-11-x20-1-8x2-9-16-collapsible-the-transformer
Unfortunatley not ridden yet…

My next one will be a foursect, 7’10’’ with 60 l Volume to fit in a 22’‘x22’‘x6’’ bag…
If anybody wants to copy my steelstring concept, he may use it for his own boards, anyone commercial may ask for a license fee…

That’s really cool. I’d like to see more pics of the connections (if you have them) care to explain the steelstring concept in more detail?

Just follow the links to woodboardforum.com
But the idea behind is quite simple, buttjoint the parts of the board and make two strings, on on top and one one deck and tighten them, until you can play bass. :slight_smile:
The main advantage is that your parts are watertight in themselfes, forces perpendicular to deck or bottom were changed and directed into the strings, everytime on the other side of the powers. Foot pressure on deck tightens the bottom string. It really works well, after some learning curve, and everybody who rode the hotcurl could not fell a difference to aregular wooden board. If tight, there is no play or flex.

woah now that three piece is cool!!! how much does all that weigh?? looks incredible

The hotcurl weighs about 6 kg, due to foolproof glassing, the shortboard should be close two 5 kg, or 9-10lbs. The entire mechanism with the brass parts and the steel string plus the reinforcements where the part are buttjointed is less than 2 lbs, but contributes of course to weight. I’ve never had the chance to ride the shortboard by now (neither my son), but in the water the hotcurl feels like a midsize malibu, weightwise…

it impressive if in its bag…

I did an experiment in an old mini Simmons and now intend to think this for the pole method:

• apart from extra weight, no effect to the ride
    -the bigger the board the more it makes sense

-yes, trisect makes much better sense because 2 pieces are pretty much as difficult to handle as 1! Best to try one whilst travelling to learn that. I’ve never actually used a 3 piece to see if it really helps

• setting the pole into the board adds quite a bit of weight

-in actually using one for months on end I didn’t really want to take it apart because of the hassle… And then salt crystallises in it anyway and the pole gets stuck

I haven’t bothered trying to make one again because it’s just a lot of hassle, even though it doesn’t seem too bad. That said, I’ve moved from Europe to Asia and the board fees are now a problem again…

The worst is having to cut a perfectly good board into 3 pieces.

The guitar string method might work better than the bisect pole… I guess that could be done in a stringer first and then build the board around that. I have some spare carbon fibre poles… Would be nice to try the method with those

Is the one that the original poster talking about made by Natures Shapes in Long Island?
The website looks pretty good and they have been making nice boards for some time.
Just seems like heavy premium for the 2 piece option. Did the Popes hold up with regular use?

I also had an old pipe bisect longboard. Yes, it lasted well. It snapped, but in a hollow situation, deep where any board would fail (I was too addicted).
Sometimes the pole got jammed but the larger diameter tube was less prone to that.