sharkcountry wrote: I don't have Illustrator now that Adobe switched to the annual licence. My old computer with Windows XP had it, but I use a Mac now.
Yeah one of the Shapers I sell to up here had been in our local ACE and bought a quart. It was blue. I’ve got a partial qt. That I’ve had for a year that is white. I bought Fastt n Final last year and I noticed that it didn’t sand well. It balled up into a grit that scratched the blank. A sure sign that it had been fortified with Acrylic. A common trend these days amongst paint manufacturers. Whatever you buy; it’s a good idea to pop the lid and take a look before you buy.
That which can be assorted without evidence was read in an illegal magazine.
Hi Bill, back in 2005 when Bernie and I started making our boards again, I didn't think about nose or tail widths. I just worked with a length and width, then decided if I wanted a rounder nose or more pointed nose and what kind of tail I wanted. The first 4 were eggs based on the Hobie retro egg that was being made then. I've learned quite a bit about design since then thanks to Swaylocks and the people willing to share.
Progress thus far;
White Opaque, 227 Vector Net, Fusions post lam. The plan is to 4 oz. clear top and bottom with logos.
Looks good! Client must be frothing :-)
He is! You know the hardest part was the “Moon” tail. I had no measurements to go by, only a pic. Guesstimated the width and depth based on the fin placement. My starting point was the center fin. I figured it to be three inches forward. From there the fin placement was fairly simple based on the pics. The depth of the tail is two inches. In some pics it definitely looks like it is right. In others it looked shallower. I probably got the tail an inch or so wider than the original and if you look at the drawing and pics carefully you will see the original is pulled in slightly, creating a “hip” in the last six to eight inches of the tail. Nose on the original is a little less “full” than my interpretation and slightly more pointy. The concave positioning was arrived at based on the fin placement and a guesstimate of how far off the rail it was, where it began and the little zig and zag around the two back rail fins. My best attempt based on pics and minimal reference points. Lowel