This is gonna be a long project but I've made a bit of headway so I figured I'd post it as some may be interested, maybe not... who knows! Haha.
The ultimate goal is to build a functional hotcurl out of a large chunk of Cedar that I got from Bill.
I had never even seen a hotcurl in person before this and the journey thus far has been awesome. I am overwhelmed and in awe with the amount of support and encouragement I've got on this build from people taking their time to share with me about the design, to opening up museums, to letting me actually ride one before building this thing.
I am building one first out of foam to ride and get a better feeling for the design and how I need to dial it in for the real project - the hotcurl out of cedar.
Here is some of my progress thus far.