FInished another board.
7'-7" x 21" x 2-9/16"
4-1/2" nose rocker, 2-3/8" tail rocker
Deck- 4oz-poplar veneer-4oz-4oz s-glass deck patch
Bottom- 4oz tail patch-poplar veneer-4oz
Doing the channels wit veneer was trick. I plotted the location, made a cut. For some reason after I made the cuts one of the "panels" shifted. It was like their had been tension in the wood that was released by cutting. When I bagged the veneer in place I just pulled it over and taped it in place.
My only complaint was that I painted the foam on the sides of the channels and unfortunately the paint shows through the veneer. I bookmatched the veneer and you will notice the heart and sap wood are reversed on the deck and bottom. I think if I would have used the deck veneer on the bottom, with the darker sap wood over the channels, I would not have had the problem.
I left myself a lot of options for fin setups but am most anxious to try the twin keels as the inspiration for the board was Torren Martyn's midlengths with the Rasta fins.
oops photos on another computer. I don't want to type all this out again so photos to come soon...