Is all E-Type fiberglass the same ?? Can this be used to glass a board ???
Thanks, Skip .....
This fiberglass is E-type, and is compatible with both polyester and epoxy resins. E-type fiberglass is the most common type of fiberglass. If someone doesn't specify the "type" of fiberglass, then it is most likely E-type.
This woven Fiberglass Cloth is commonly used when a thin, smooth, lightweight, transparent, and waterproof coating is desired. It can be layered for additional strength and abrasion resistance. It is often used for covering boat hulls, cabins, decks, and making structural filleted joints. It can also be used for a multitude of other purposes, including but not limited to modeling, automotive, and aircraft applications. It also works great for the construction of composite components.
The features of this fiberglass includes:
- Roll of woven fiberglass cloth (E-type) with approximately 16 weaves per inch.
- Compatible with epoxy and polyester resins.
- Cloth weight: approximately 6 oz per square yard.
- Cloth roll length: approximately 20 yards (60 feet).
- Roll width: 1 meter (approximately 39-1/2").
- Roll diameter: approximately 3-1/2".