(I've taken the liberty of moving this thread from the Marketplace forum because I really need some feedback on this)
I've been mulling over an idea for quite some time -- and now I believe Swaylock's has reached the point where I'm ready to begin implementing it. But before I do, I think it's a good idea to put the idea out into the community.
My idea is to expand the Swaylock's Community Marketplace in such a way that enables users (you guys) to set up your own store on Swaylock's and sell your own stuff. It wouldn't really be me selling to the world but rather the Swaylock's community selling to the world.
Here's some of the characteristics that I envision for the Marketplace, in no particular order.
- Any Swaylock's user can set up a store.
- Fees for a store will likely be in the form of some sort of "rent" based on # of products offered.
- Swaylock's will incur a small transaction fee.
- There is no limitation on what you can sell as long as it is surfing & surfcraft related.
- Stores can be used for retail or wholesale purposes.
- Store owners must be a member of the Swaylock's Community.
- Store owners can (and should) be reviewed by other community members for the "quality of their service."
- Bad/dishonest/poorly rated store owners can have their stores shut down.
- Store owners are responsible for maintaining their store and will exist largely independent of Swaylock's.
- The stores will accept credit card purchases and handle tracking and all that stuff.
Is this something that ANY of you would be interested in? If yes, please respond here or PM me. I would like to hear from about 10 of you that would tentantively commit before I move forward.
Ultimately, for reasons both practical and philosophical, I think this is something that will benefit and expand the community. If you agree or disagree please let it be known either publically here or you can PM me.
Thanks and enjoy!